Friday 12 September 2014

You are the story I should write








Dress - Primark
Denim Jacket - New Look
Pumps - Select
Bag - River Island
Necklace - Republic

Aloha my lovlies!

Apologies once again for the recent lack of posts - This week has literally been insane. I promise it will become more regular again when I've settled into a routine!

Today it's all about another beautiful sale item which comes in the form of this really cute little fit and flare dress.

A couple of weeks ago I needed to return some clothing in Primark and this gem caught my eye.  I was really surprised to see this in store, as I feel that the styling isn't massively 'mainstream' and  it really wouldn't look out of place in a vintage store. Everything about it makes me think of old fashion rag dolls. The boxy neckline almost makes it look like a pinafore - Anybody my age will have fond (or not) memories of wearing those bad boys to school. I think the pocket detailing on both sides give the dress such a unique touch, not to mention they're great to put your phone in! It fits so nicely in all the right places and doesn't come too short.

I simply cannot get over how stunning the pattern is - The photos just don't do it justice! I especially love the little hints of colour dashed in between sections of the overall blurred geometric print. I feel that they really make the piece stand out from the crowd and add to the retro look.

Denim jackets are a staple piece in every girls wardrobe - perfect for those days when it can get a little chilly and are great for transitioning from Summer to Autumn. I particularly like the boxy oversized fit of this one, as I feel it helps to make the outfit very wearable for everyday.

Nothing beats a statement bag, and this one from River Island is just stunning. Recently it's become my 'go-to' bag. It's the perfect size to fit all the essentials in plus my sheet music, which I have on me pretty much 24/7. The structured shape means it holds everything nicely and doesn't concave on it's self like many larger handbags do.

Jewellry wise I kept things pretty simple with my favourite little globe necklace, which if I'm honest probably looks really scabby now since I wear it practically everyday but I just think it's adorable.

What do you think? Let me know in the comments!

LAURA x

No comments:

Post a Comment