Sunday 21 December 2014

What have we here?








Long sleeve crop top - New Look// Tartan Skirt - New Look// Frilly socks - Topshop// Chelsea Boots - New Look // Necklace - Topshop//

Aloha my lovlies!

Apologies once again for the lack of posts - Unfortunately I didn't anticipate being quite so busy with Uni - doing 3 shows as well as actual marked work takes it toll! You'll notice that I am in fact back at home. This brings me great delight since my photos always turn out better here. Not to mention it's nice to finally have some respite from the relentless past couple of weeks by seeing my family and finally being able to get into the Christmas spirit. I always used to be a summer girl but recently I've been converted and I'd definitely say that Christmas is one of my favorite times of the year.

Up until now I'd say I've been rather good at saving my pennies, however a quick trip into town and I buckled after spying these wonderful pieces in New Look. I feel I've been able to create really versatile outfit which can easily be dressed up or down to suit any occasion. I've been hankering after one of these long sleeved crop tops for weeks now & I totally think they're worth the money. Not only are they cosy but they aren't too risky as they have a reasonably high neckline and paired with a high waited circle skirt there's only a minimal amount mid-rift on show! I've been trying to build up my basics collection for a while now, as they are so easy to match, plus they're perfect for creating a simple and chic day to night look, which is ideal if you don't have time to change! 

A pretty statement necklace is always a winner when it comes to making a casual outfit look that little bit more sophisticated. It's great if your not one to go out in head to toe sparkles and not too much for everyday wear. I simply adore the rope effect of this piece I bought from Topshop earlier in the year. The colours really compliment the outfit and help to bring it all together. Not to mention the fact that it's actually pretty light, meaning you can avoid that dreaded neck ache that you tend to get after a few hours of wearing heavy jewelry. 

This look can easily be dressed down by adding some layering with a faux fur gilet & swapping the chelsea boots for a pair of chunky flats. Not forgetting those all important hats & scarves which are life savers in the current weather. It's definitely in the mix for my Christmas day outfit, which I can't believe is only 4 days away!

Have you planned your outfit for the big day? Let me know!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment