Sunday 25 January 2015

So many secrets I long to share










Kimono - River Island // Cropped Lace Bralette - Miss Selfridge // Disco Pants - Ark // Frilly Socks - Topshop // Chelsea Boots - New Look // Necklaces - Topshop //

Aloha my lovlies!

So yesterday some of my gals sprung it on me that we were going to go out to the Students Union bar. Automatically I went into a little bit of a meltdown over what to wear, however I was so happy with what I created that I couldn't resist taking a few photos for the blog (before pre-drinks occurred of course) PS : Tungsten lighting is a bitch to photograph in.

I'm aware that I'm pretty late on the bandwagon for Disco pants, but if I'm honest for a very long time I was dead set certain that they didn't suit me. One of my wonderful best friends from home gave me these when she had a wardrobe clear out & I promised myself that I would wear them. I honestly can't believe I didn't try them sooner. They're so flattering on my shape, the sucky-in-ness is wonderful for hiding my stomach after eating a few too many mince pies over Christmas. Not to mention they really help to accentuate my small waist. Disco pants are such a nice dressier alternative to my usual bog standard black leggings and I love the deep red shade. The bralette is another item which has been sitting in my wardrobe for ages and never actually gotten any wear! the lace detailing is so beautiful and delicate and provides a wonderful feminity to the outfit.

I jazzed up the outfit a bit by adding this gorgeous kimono from River Island which I got on sale for the incredibly good price of £15. I'm obsessed with the pattern and I really enjoy the way that the orange create a subtle colour clash against the deep red of the disco pants. It really is perfect if you're like me, and don't quite feel brave enough to have all your flab exposed to the world, plus it's thin enough to not get too hot while you're on the dance floor. I completed the look by layering up a few of these beautiful necklaces from Topshop and adding a slick of red lipstick.

What's your go-to look on a night out? Let me know!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment