Wednesday 4 March 2015

REVIEW: MAC Velvet Teddy Lipstick











Aloha my lovlies!

I'm so excited to be writing this post you can't even imagine. Over the years I've slowly accumulated an obsession with make-up, and thanks to the likes of Youtubers like Zoella I've always envied them with their endless collection of MAC products. I thought it would be years before I could afford the luxuries of high end products but then to my complete surprise my sister bought me a MAC voucher for Christmas! I honestly was so shocked & I'm eternally grateful (Katy I love you very much). Now don't get me wrong, I'm a big lover of Drugstore brands, particularly L'oreal, but there's just something about high end products that just make you feel super fancy. When I was deciding what to spend my voucher on I knew pretty much instantaneously what I wanted. I hate to be a crowd follower but I decided to get 'Velvet Teddy' & 'Russian Red'.

Velvet Teddy became a huge hit in the beauty world after it became Kylie Jenner's signature colour & I can totally see why. At first I was slightly worried as you can see in the swatch, the colour looks rather dark. Despite it's deep orangy colour in the bullet it transfers on to the lips as the perfect brown toned matte nude. I'd say it definitely falls into the 'your lips but better' category nicely and is ideal for everyday wear. At the moment I'm pretty pale due to the lack of sunshine here in the UK but I have a feeling this lipstick would suit pretty much any skin tone. Personally I think this lipstick is great for the transitional period between Winter & Spring. I can tell you one thing, this baby has got unrivaled staying power! I think this is one of the main differences between drugstore & high end. I applied it in the morning & it still looked just as fresh 8 hours later, even after several cups of tea and both breakfast & dinner. I'm a big lover of a matte lip and was pleasantly surprised by how non drying it was. The application was smooth and fuss free, I even attempted to slightly over draw my lip line in order to get the full Kylie Jenner effect. I can tell already that this is going to become a firm favourite of mine & would totally recommend it to any who's in the market for a super high quality nude.

Are you a fan of the 90's nude?
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment