Monday 25 May 2015

REVIEW: MAC Russian Red Lipstick












Aloha my lovelies!

I mentioned a couple of weeks back that my sister very kindly bought me a MAC voucher for Christmas so I purchased two of their most coveted lipstick shades. I’ve already reviewed ‘Velvet Teddy’ and this gave me high expectations for arguably one of their bestselling products; Russian Red. It was actually quite a big tossup between Russian Red and Ruby Woo – however after mulling over the MAC website for a good week I finally made a decision.

It comes in the standard MAC packaging which I adore. It’s so chic and classic looking which really sets it apart from its drugstore dupes. This applies beautifully to the lips and doesn’t have the drying effect like many other matte lipsticks. Russian Red is a striking blue toned red which I feel would be suited to a wide range of skin tones. It's great for creating a gorgeous 1950's pin up look. The formula is impressively long lasting – although it is prone to wearing off after food so it’s a good idea to keep it to hand if you’re planning on wearing it out. I wore it for my summer ball last week as it really made a statement in contrast with the white dress. If you’re interested in what I wore this year then why not check out last week’s outfit post?

Apologies that the content has been pretty sporadic recently. I’ve been in intensive rehearsals for my production of ‘Sweeney Todd’ from 9am-9pm everyday with my degree course. You see, sometime I do that performance thing... Fingers crossed things should be getting back to normal by the start of next month!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment